The NES version of this game is pretty decent

Drowning? Where are those hidden coins?
laffer35
Your Backpack is Empty

The NES version of this game is pretty decent

Postby laffer35 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:23 am

I just finished the NES version of this game and it's actually pretty good.
In most respects identical to the Spectrum version other than different graphics and sound. And a few gameplay differences which made it interesting to play even though I finished the Spectrum version a few days ago.

And I managed to find all the coins in this game without any hints, they're much easier to find. Looking for them is actually kinda fun in this one as getting them sometimes involves a puzzle.

What do you people think of this version?

AndyC
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyC » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:50 pm

From what I've seen of it the NES version is identical to the Amiga version (except for the locations of 2 of the coins), which I've always found to be very enjoyable.
My one gripe is that the emulator I've got has a glitch; every time I've collected the jewel (from the boulder that chases you down the ramp) I get killed on the next board by a falling rock, even if there isn't a rock actually falling at the time! Very frustrating! :dizzy_mad:

BazOokaKing
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby BazOokaKing » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:33 pm

I haven't tried the NES version yet, I didn't know there was one actually. Will check it out though, I've only played the first version and the graphics are rather bad to look at now, hopefully the NES version looks a bit more colourful.

AndyC
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyC » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:31 pm

AndyC wrote:My one gripe is that the emulator I've got has a glitch; every time I've collected the jewel (from the boulder that chases you down the ramp) I get killed on the next board by a falling rock, even if there isn't a rock actually falling at the time! Very frustrating! :dizzy_mad:

I've finally got myself a better emulator and have finished this. That fills a gap in my Dizzy CV that's been annoying me for a while.

Big Dizzy D
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby Big Dizzy D » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:46 pm

Does anyone else own an official copy of this for thier NES system, im asking because mine keeps resetting and freezing, sometimes not showing the game select screen at the beginning also. I know that its not an official licensed NES product and either is "The Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy" which also has the same issues. I wish I could say my console was having these issues but all my other games work with none of these problems, it also sometimes even doesnt let the NES power properly, as in it comes up with a black screen but the red light is still off, strange I know.

Bottom line, can anyone help? :dizzy_confused:

Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Bag of Magic Food » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:29 pm

AndyC wrote:My one gripe is that the emulator I've got has a glitch; every time I've collected the jewel (from the boulder that chases you down the ramp) I get killed on the next board by a falling rock, even if there isn't a rock actually falling at the time! Very frustrating! :dizzy_mad:

Oh, was it an emulator problem? I figured that part was just very badly programmed. It seemed to me that the rocks only detected whether they were vertically aligned with Dizzy in deciding whether to kill him, rather than going by actual proximity. I was able to get past by waiting until each rock was completely off-screen before walking through. But maybe I'll try the game in a few other emulators sometime and see if I can figure out what the problem is for sure.