Things i don't/things i do like.

Drowning? Where are those hidden coins?
Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Things i don't/things i do like.

Postby Meph » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:01 pm

Woo i finally found all the coins! i had to check the map for the last 3.

Things i don't like.
1. The one life issue and inventory system is a real pain in ass
2. The fish.. sometimes the fish are to close to the next room and you can't get past.. game over.
3. The glass sword/gravestone puzzle doesn't seem very logical.. and theres no clue or hint.
4. Theres that really horrible coin in the tree bark.
5. It has a crappy ending.
6. the magic wall of water?..LOL though that was a bit silly.

Things i do like.
Introduction waterplay, and Shopkeeper, coin collection, and those scrolls/texts. i like the treehouse, getting zapped by that lighting bolt.
Overall the puzzles are pretty easy.. but i wonder if they all are one you know how but these are that difficult.
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Its always the cracked ones that let the light in [/font]

enchantedgypsy25
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby enchantedgypsy25 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:10 am

like most people i'm not too fond of the 1 life and inventory system on this game but that aside its one of my favourites but i have to play it with the cheat on

perhaps its because i played monkey island a lot growing up too that i find the idea of dizzy on a treasure island collecting gold coins so much fun, i always like it when dizzy has to explore underwater too - the music on the amiga version is great too :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

AndyG
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyG » Sun May 25, 2014 12:40 am

TID was my first introduction to the series, when I was about 10. I hated and loved it at the same time. Mostly, I was in awe of the graphics, since I'd spend hours writing games in +3 BASIC and I thought they were the smartest people alive (not realising they were using an Amstrad). But even with the correct software, the graphics are very clever. Manic Miner had nothing on this. But yeah, the sword on gravestone, that just seemed sadistic. They could have put a clue in the game. The nasty unseen traps in the treehouse village annoyed me, too - but at least they were early on so you could learn where they were :)

AndyG
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyG » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:54 pm

Gah! I've been playing this online at Torinak (Spectrum version) - was up to 22 coins after about half an hour and the fish next to the dynamite killed me. I'd forgotten about him and there's no way to avoid him once you jump down :( . Pretty brave of me to attempt without save states in this day and age, I hope you'll agree!

And really, is there ANY logic to the sword-on-gravestone puzzle? I just can't believe that anyone would figure that out on their own.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:08 pm

My least favourite of the Dizzy adventures, very frustrating.

Weren't there a few Easter eggs involving the shopkeeper?

AndyG
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyG » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:35 pm

Gah again! 25 coins this time, and some different fish got me :( . Another annoyance here is the way collecting coins sometimes cycles your inventory and sometimes not. So you're never sure whether to try collecting one underwater..

I don't know about the shopkeeper! I know you can give him the bucket and that's it.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:01 pm

can you not drop something on him from the roof of his shop?