The List of Dizzy Games

A place to post interesting information to the community.
Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Re: The List of Dizzy Games

Postby Adz.M » Fri May 05, 2017 11:41 am

I wouldn't trust Wikipedia, they are very picky when it comes to what's acceptable for their site.

On a slightly unrelated note. Does anyone have problems with Dizzyland.ru links on their webpage?
While the news page still exists, none of the menu links work anymore and they now redirect me to the main page. :v2_dizzy_confused2:

Dizzy19
Free Range Egg
Location: Bucharest, România, South-Eastern Europe, Northern Hemisphere.

Postby Dizzy19 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:52 am

Adz.M wrote:I wouldn't trust Wikipedia, they are very picky when it comes to what's acceptable for their site.

On a slightly unrelated note. Does anyone have problems with Dizzyland.ru links on their webpage?
While the news page still exists, none of the menu links work anymore and they now redirect me to the main page. :v2_dizzy_confused2:

|
+___ Hi, Adz.M.
|
+___ More important than the list is the fact that there are just a few notes about the Dizzy Adventure Game Engine on the Dizzy Series web page. Probably they also do not regard DizzyAGE is "notable".
|
+___ The other issue is still on-topic. I have been before on the http://www.dizzyland.ru website in order to search for genuine Russian Dizzy games. Using "Google Translate", I had the idea that it is a kind of a news-page that grabs information from other websites, rather than having any original content.
|
+___ And indeed, I have also been unable to go past the first page. All the other links are seemingly leading back to it.
|
+___ I have asked for a Russian speaker. Rindex has shown up. Maybe he can take a look and let us know what it is all about.
|
Last edited by Dizzy19 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Please find the Comprehensive List of Dizzy Games at the following Uniform Resource Locator:"

https://1drv.ms/x/s!Am7QvREkJBcagvB27g-OuIeLrn44cg

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Rindex » Sat May 06, 2017 8:36 am

Dizzyland.ru for a long time it isn't updated.

You want to see maps and the description of games (in Russian), then here. But also here something everything has decayed.

http://dizzy.ucoz.ru/index/prohozhdeniy ... y_igr/0-53

Onlyzen
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby Onlyzen » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:48 am

Dizzy – The Ultimate Cartoon Adventure
Treasure Island Dizzy (Dizzy II)
Fantasy World Dizzy (Dizzy III)
Mystery World Dizzy - 2017
Dizzy 3 and a half: Into Magicland
Magicland Dizzy (Dizzy IV)
Wonderland Dizzy - 2015[4]
Spellbound Dizzy (Dizzy V)
Dizzy Prince of the Yolkfolk
Dizzy The Adventurer
Fantastic Dizzy
Crystal Kingdom Dizzy

Dizzy19
Free Range Egg

Postby Dizzy19 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:19 pm

Onlyzen wrote:Dizzy – The Ultimate Cartoon Adventure
Treasure Island Dizzy (Dizzy II)
Fantasy World Dizzy (Dizzy III)
Mystery World Dizzy - 2017
Dizzy 3 and a half: Into Magicland
Magicland Dizzy (Dizzy IV)
Wonderland Dizzy - 2015[4]
Spellbound Dizzy (Dizzy V)
Dizzy Prince of the Yolkfolk
Dizzy The Adventurer
Fantastic Dizzy
Crystal Kingdom Dizzy

Hi, "Onlyzen".

Thank you for replying to this Thread.

I have looked through your List and I am not sure what I can do with it.

It looks more like a Top Twelve List.

The idea of this Thread has initially been to compile a Comprehensive List of "Dizzy" Games.

As with everything that is good in life, I have encountered a lot of opposition and my attempt to publish it out there on "Wikipedia" has failed.

People seem to take its Size of 398 Distinct Titles as an attempt of vandalism.

If that much effort encounters such a tremendous opposition, then I can see why the Oliver Twins (Philip and Andrew, I always have to remember their names) have given up on reviving their Cartoon Character.

Anyway, if you do find a Distinct Title that is not yet listed in the List, then please do let me know.
"Please find the Comprehensive List of Dizzy Games at the following Uniform Resource Locator:"

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:10 pm

Dizzy19 wrote:If that much effort encounters such a tremendous opposition, then I can see why the Oliver Twins (Philip and Andrew, I always have to remember their names) have given up on reviving their Cartoon Character.

I'm just wondering, Dizzy19.
Do you read any of the news articles on the main Yolkfolk site?

The reason I ask is because The Oliver Twins have NOT given up reviving Dizzy at all. :)
For the last 3 or 4 years with help from some of our Community members, 3 unreleased Official Dizzy games have become available to play.
:egg: Wonderland Dizzy (2015)
:egg: Dreamworld Pogie (2016)
:egg: Mystery World Dizzy (2017)

I think that's what Onlyzen was trying to address when it comes to updates to the Official Dizzy games list.

Also, the twins had spent most of 2017 doing lots of live presentations for Dizzy's 30th Anniversary.
And as a special bonus, they have spent the past few months designing a brand new Dizzy game called "Wonderful Dizzy" which is said to be released later this year exclusively for a new computer called the "Spectrum Next".

If you ask me, the Olivers have certainly not given up.
It's like Philip always says - "Never say never". :say_yes:

Lastly, just to help on the fan game front, Jungleland Dizzy (which was missing before) is now available on Yolkfolk.com again and Castle Island Dizzy 1 and 2 have been removed from Yolkfolk.com as requested by the games' author.

Dizzy19
Free Range Egg

Postby Dizzy19 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:40 pm

Adz.M wrote:The Oliver Twins have NOT given up reviving Dizzy at all.

Hi, Adz.M.

Thank you for replying to this Thread.

Since I feel really old at my age of only forty-one years, then I can understand how the Oliver Twins must have been feeling lately.

I think that protecting the "YolkFolk" Legacy is important because of one important reason: their paraphernalia is completely innocent.

If you witness the current state of the world right now, then you can clearly see the fact that the most dangerous attack that is happening these days is the one that is directed towards the children.

It is nice that people are still interested in Retro-Gaming these days. I am myself interested in Simulators and maybe - who knows - I might even see the real thing again. But still, let us live in the present.

What I meant when I have said that the Oliver Twins have failed is the fact that their attempt to conquer the world of the Electronic Mobile Devices has failed so far.

People like you, Adz.M, and like myself are rare and almost extinct. Most of the people who are currently alive on this planet have trouble even turning the Television Set on. The MicroComputers bearing the Eight-Bit Architecture represent a notion that is difficult to explain to a simple mind.

The trend these days is to make things simpler and easier to use even for the most confused types of Human Beings. Even the "Industrial Business Machines" Personal Computers and Compatibles are slowly and steadily turned into things that are closer to the look and feel of smaller devices, such as the Tablet Personal Computer, the SmartPhone, the SmartWatch and the WristBand. It suffices even the Coarsest Touch of a giant to use such a thing.

Desktop Personal Computers and Laptop Personal Computers are more and more becoming the Field of more Intelligent Human Beings who are still able to use a lot of keys and even a Kempston Joystick. By the way, I wonder how a Joystick is looking these days. I might even buy one in order to feel "Dizzy"'s effects on it.

Therefore, again, what I would like to stress here as a conclusion is the fact that, when I meant that the Oliver Twins have failed so far, I was referring to the failure of their porting of the "YolkFolk" Characters to the Mobile Field.

This is the piece of news that I am looking for, Adz.M. When I see that piece of news printed on your site, then maybe I can get convinced that they have been able to lift that huge weight made by the current resistance that is still pressing against themselves and that they have succeeded in breaking into the Mobile Field.

It is always a pleasure to talk to you, Adz.M.