Fishy Business (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: Fishy Business (HELP THREAD)

Post by Sparkles 49 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:24 am

I'm relieved to say that cutting and pasting worked! I'm now in Fisherman's Paradise and need some help with the numbers to go with the coloured discs. If anyone can help I'd be grateful.

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:29 am

ok, I've worked it out now :v2_dizzy_clapping:

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:16 am

I've just realised that apart from the dragon's egg, I haven't found any other secret rooms. Anyone else found any. I've got 95 fish and still need to get the one beyond the pile of rocks but can't find anything to demish it with and still need another 4 fish. Perhaps the instruments puzzle is the answer.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:42 am

Glad the cut/paste worked Sparkles as I've come to realise that this game is far too frustrating for an enjoyable replay - especially as Armorog took one look at the maze and basically said 'No (Anglo-Saxon expletive) way'. So no more mazes in future games (can't guarantee no odd puzzles though). However, I was quite chuffed at the animation of Dizzy impersonating Indiana Jones by clinging and moving along and up/down on ledges (and ducking on the poles to avoid the bats).

The instrument puzzle in the pyramid is not really that hard if you make a note of the sequences in the huts. It can be easily worked out (unless your name is Annie or Jarek), if you substitute letters or numbers. The only guesswork is the possibility of two instruments for first and second, and two for penultimate and last. The ones in the middle are in order:

organ, saxophone, drums, trumpet

...and you already know that the last one is the piano, so now you just have to work out, 1,2 & 7. :v2_dizzy_confused2:

PS - There is some dynamite in a secret room somewhere :v2_dizzy_cheers:

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:17 pm

Done it!!! :v2_dizzy_biggrin: Now I just need something explosive and two more fish. I've thrown myself at every wall I can manage but i can't find any secret rooms. So near and yet so far :dizzy_rolleyes:

Jarek
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Jarek » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:35 pm

Search the trees near the monkey.

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:19 pm

:v2_dizzy_blush: :v2_dizzy_blush: :v2_dizzy_blush: I still can't get the music sequence even with all the lovely clues, so you're right Grandad unless your me your gonna get it, Jarek should have got it cause after all english is his second language :v2_dizzy_biggrin: think i might not be recognising my instruments as what they maybe really are, but pretty sure i am, not absolutely tho. So if my good friend Sparkles feels inclined to PM me with a clue for dummies i'm ok with that.

I like the frustration in you games Grandad lets me consume more vodka & all the more pleasing when finally solved don't give up yer mazes they are amazing, but give us solvable clues :dizzy_wink:

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:13 pm

Grandad Please keep doing your mazes. They do my head in but it's so satisfying when you finally get it. I have so enjoyed this game and I love secret rooms too.

Quiggie, I've pm'd you

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:36 pm

I've tried every tree near the monkey. Gone behind some and thought I'd found a room at the top right but no so no idea where the dynamite is. Any ideas anyone?

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:47 pm

Sparkles 49 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:36 pm
I've tried every tree near the monkey. Gone behind some and thought I'd found a room at the top right but no so no idea where the dynamite is. Any ideas anyone?
Yeah that was disappointing thought i'd found a secret room but nothing ever there!