Lost Temple Dizzy - Playtesters Wanted

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
gavlaa
Hard Boiled Egg

Great game

Post by gavlaa » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:11 am

That helped a lot thanks.

My only other issue is getting the final scarub ("danger falling rocks". At least I think its the final scarub). I've tried every item from air, light, fire and ice temples, but nothing has allowed me to get it.

Any clues? :D

Queex
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Queex » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:07 pm

Hint- you don't need an item. You just need to think laterally.
- Lost Temple Dizzy -
- Iron Tower Dizzy -

gavlaa
Hard Boiled Egg

Great game

Post by gavlaa » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:31 pm

Haha...very good I like that.

I've found one possible issue. There appears to be a switch just above the door in room Grim portal. Is this deliberate?

Gavlaa

Queex
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Queex » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:25 pm

Glad you liked it. :v2_dizzy_clapping:

The dark switch is there as something of a hint- it's the longest distance between a door and its controlling switch so I wanted some kind of clue there.
- Lost Temple Dizzy -
- Iron Tower Dizzy -

gavlaa
Hard Boiled Egg

Great game

Post by gavlaa » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:10 pm

Getting close now!

I've done all of the puzzles but still have the final task to do (I just need 5 more to finish). Any chance of a PM with a list?

Gavlaa

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:26 pm

DRAT!
I am at exactly the same stage as Gavlaa and also have 75 treasures

and i thought i was doing so well! :cry:

Edit: 79 now
slowly getting there!

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Eggcellent!

Post by frogandhat » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:00 am

YESSSS!!! :D
completed it, this was a REALLY good game, eggcellent work Queex :v2_dizzy_clapping: :v2_dizzy_clapping:

only issues i found have been mentioned above. i personally liked the look of the game, the only minor issue was that the crowbar was a bit tricky to spot sometimes, but i have been playing 0.9 so I think you may have fixed that. There are lots of nice grapical touches, i particularly liked the green eggs!

what i liked was the fact that there are logical clues dotted around, and lots of very helpful text messages when you do things wrong or in the wrong order, none of the treasures required pixel perfect leaps of faith, unlike some games, and while the game map is HUGE, as it is split into defined areas, you dont spend too much time walking through 50 screens from 1 side of the map to the other and then back again to solve the puzzles.

unfortunately, i dont think i have got the stamina to play version .10, and go through it all again (but at least i would turn off the blades straight away next time !!) but as it would appear that you have fixed the issues previously mentioned in the thread, i am sure version .10 could be the release candidate.

Thanks for taking what must have been a HECK of a long time to make this game, its one of the best i have played. :v2_dizzy_clapping:

Edit: I have just noticed another spelling/typing error in Grand Dizzy's speech when he reads the book - he says "But is does say...." instead of "But it does say...."
And another little correction, when Dizzy sets sail he says "I'll enjoy eating that" when "them" would be better I think.

dr.Titus
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by dr.Titus » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:11 pm

Another bugs in v0.10:

DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by DizzyFanUK » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:36 pm

The moving saws isnt a bug - see the room name - are you brave enough to try....

rather clever trick, I thought...
:v2_dizzy_thumbsup:Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

ChrisD
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by ChrisD » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:38 pm

Great game, love all the little touches you've added from the original dizzy engine. Id say this is probably the best Dizzy fan game I've played actually.
Only gripe I can think of really is that some of the items are kinda hard to see.

Good stuff.