Feverbound Dizzy v1.06 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by DizzyFanUK » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:03 pm

Apart from the bug in the storeroom where you die, i found a couple of minor ones (tho they might have been found already)
- Scuba Dizzy momentarily disappears when he eats something
- When exiting the library the message says you are entering the library
- couple of minor typos eg - neutalize; lovee

All in all, Im loving this game - The graphics are beautiful and the story works very well.
Usually in a game this size, I'd prefer a little less walking, but with such nice scenery it's hard to complain.
I love that theres a story developing around the lesser known Grandmother Dizzy!!!

Great stuff - I hope you choose to enter it in the comp - it's bound to be a heavyweight contender :)
:v2_dizzy_thumbsup:Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:45 pm

Yes the one Colin identified and the scuba whilst eating I mentioned in the progress thread I couldnt resolve prior to release on testing. I dunno why they happen in all honesty.

I will correct those on the dialogue messages for another release in due course but as they don't affect the game I woudn't recommend anyone starting again. Would just be for anyone new to downloading the game.

Thanks for highlighting, I could of sworn though I corrected the one in the library...obviously not, I just copied the text, musn't have changed it.

Edits:- Amended that for the library but I can't find the 'neutralize' with the 'r' missing

Seems your getting well into the game now :v2_dizzy_clapping:

Yes will be in the comp :v2_dizzy_happy:

(if I don't respond to anyones elses messages tonight it's because im out)

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:05 pm

Regarding the scuba bug while eating, check that the tile exists. It will be calling a tile ID that doesn't exist most likely, so make sure the scuba eating tile is the correct number.

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Colin
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Colin » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:17 pm

it doesn't! just extract this into your dizzy tile set when you next update.

aqua_dizzy_eating.zip
ImageImageImage

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:49 am

Colin wrote:it doesn't! just extract this into your dizzy tile set when you next update.

aqua_dizzy_eating.zip
Thanks Colin, added to the dizzy set :v2_dizzy_happy:

With that & the amendment for exiting the library I will at some point do another update release.

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:15 pm

v1.03 now sent for release

Corrects the scuba whilst eating & the narrative
message when leaving the library.

Only for those new to the game. Existing players
can continue as they don't affect the gameplay.

DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by DizzyFanUK » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:16 pm

Yay, finished!!! - Great all round game!!! with a very enjoyable ending scene and liked the music too...
:v2_dizzy_clapping:

I think I had a few unused items tho, are there supposed to be any red herrings? I also think I picked up an item called "Bubble1" ??? but when I dropped it it disappeared...
:v2_dizzy_thumbsup:Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:25 pm

v1.03 is up, same link.

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:29 pm

DizzyFanUK wrote:Yay, finished!!! - Great all round game!!! with a very enjoyable ending scene and liked the music too...
:v2_dizzy_clapping:

I think I had a few unused items tho, are there supposed to be any red herrings? I also think I picked up an item called "Bubble1" ??? but when I dropped it it disappeared...
Well Done !!!

Excellent, congrats, im rather impressed, seems no problem in finding the coins either :v2_dizzy_clapping: :v2_dizzy_clapping:

Yes a few red herrings. The bubble, just part of Dizzy breathing underwater but you have to assign in effect an ID to it (acts like an item but isn't).

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:25 pm

Has anyone noticed that if you jump left from 'Street Lamps' into 'Village Post Office' you can do a double height jump?? I cant see any point to it as there doesnt appear to be anything to land on, so is this a minor glitch?

Edit: you also do this jumping in from 'Towards the station'