Doom Island Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: Doom Island Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Postby Grandad » Sun May 13, 2018 9:38 am

OK Andrew, go to the area at the start where you used the pot to jump up to the rope to get to the wooden ledge. Go right to the door that needed the reverse spell to open, past the moving blocks where you got the green key and stand by the green door. To the right is the trapdoor with a coin and the pipes.

The trapdoor is opened when you press the button in the room that releases the bats into the upper room ...pressing the button again shuts the trapdoor, so if you've done that you need to press the button again to open it.

To get to the snake you use the second left lower door (room you can see the gold key) take the furthest left door and then the right door.

andrew_ar
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby andrew_ar » Sun May 13, 2018 10:14 am

Hmm, I think I've missed a bit of the game, as I don't remember a reverse spell. Having revisited the start of the Celtic Temple, I remembered that there is a scroll above a trapdoor. When I press the nearby button, the trapdoor opens and the scroll falls, but unfortunately it lands on spikes beneath a second trapdoor which opens at the same time. Is this scroll the spell? If so, how can I get it without it falling on the spikes?

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Mon May 14, 2018 9:08 am

Yes, that is the reverse spell scroll - the trick is to press the button a second time very quickly to close the lower trapdoor before the scroll drops underneath. I thought I had Dizzy comment about this in a similar puzzle earlier in the game so that people would save their game before pressing the button.

The whole point of that 'area' is to get the pipe and 7 coins.

andrew_ar
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby andrew_ar » Mon May 14, 2018 8:59 pm

Thanks again. I do actually have the game saved at various points so I can go back if necessary. Have now got the pipes and defeated the snake, but only have 98 gold coins. Must have missed some somewhere, but I looked thoroughly. I'll have another look next time.

Brilliant game, by the way - reminds me of the 1980s when I used to go round to my friend's house after school and play Dizzy. He was much better at it than me though!

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Tue May 15, 2018 8:36 am

Thanks, glad you're liking it. Most common missed coins are in the 'lower caverns' as it's easy to get lost. Can't be sure but think that a previous posting listed how to get all the coins in those caverns. :tup:

andrew_ar
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby andrew_ar » Wed May 16, 2018 9:04 pm

Hello again, Sorry for the continual string of questions, but I see that others have previously asked many questions too.

I have searched everywhere looking for the remaining coins, but to no avail. Someone in the forum mentioned insect spray...I can certainly see where that would be handy, but does is actually exist? If so, it appears that I have missed that section. Also, on the cliff above the rope where Dizzy first came ashore, there is a slope which Dizzy can climb, but then can't get any further - does this lead anywhere?

Many thanks,

Andrew

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Thu May 17, 2018 9:35 am

Sorry Andrew, that rock is not climbable. The temple does hold 100 coins, 41 of which are in the 'blob' patrolled lower caverns. None of the coins are hidden so can't really help. Looking at the map, the only coins that you may have missed if restarting from a saved game is the one in the 'pond' with the gold cup, the one in the room behind a curtain (room with 3 curtains) or the r/h side of the orchard. :v2_dizzy_confused2:

andrew_ar
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby andrew_ar » Tue May 22, 2018 10:19 pm

Well I went back and replayed the Celtic Temple. Finally found all 100 coins - don't know where I missed them before, but I have them now. Paid the Russian and I'm into the Castle. More adventures to come...

andrew_ar
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby andrew_ar » Wed May 23, 2018 9:21 pm

Finshed! :dizzy_biggrin:

Brilliant game - thanks very much for creating it! Maybe I'll try anothe Dizzy one sometime. Definitely brings back memories of childhood, although back then part of the excitment was watching and listening to the cassette player loading the game!

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Thu May 24, 2018 8:49 am

Thanks Andrew. Glad you enjoyed it. The only other ones I've made that involve extreme difficulty are Daisy Dices With Death and Dizzy's Bad Dream. The rest are just fun (including the '18 only' ones).