Dizzy's Return to Bago Bago Island (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Dizzy's Return to Bago Bago Island (HELP THREAD)

Post by Sparkles 49 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:21 pm

Oh dear I'm first again!!!
First of all thank you Steve for a lovely early Christmas present. It's much appreciated and the graphics etc are much better.

Well, so far I have 14 coins and the following objects: crossbow, blunt knife, heavy boulder, slow time potion, visibility potion, ghostbuster potion. I've got the moving platform working, visited the caves and found a well and the king but I am well and truly stuck. I know I will need a bucket but can't find one. Nor can I find anywhere to use any of my items. Have I missed something?

stevejohnstone3
Free Range Egg

Re: Dizzy's Return to Bago Bago Island

Post by stevejohnstone3 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:22 pm

HI Sparkles

First thanks for playing the game, I hope your enjoying it...

Have you managed to get the boards off of the outside of the shop door, if you have you will need coins to get items that you will need to continue.

Just one quick hint look below:

Go to cave 2 with the bat you will need a box, you can get that under the ship in the water.

Use the box to the extreme right of the platforms and jump up to the platforms, keep jumping over to the left and you will come to a sign use the visibility potion to make a ledge appear, that all I will tell you the now.

Note:

I can't remember how to put the white on sorry, so everyone will see this :v2_dizzy_confused2: .

I hope granddad sees this thread shortly, Steve has a way of putting hints that I can not do, Steve tested this game for months, so even tho I created the game and programmed it, Steve knows this game inside out even better than me He He He...

Steve
Programmer of Dizzy In Bago Bago Island.
Programmer of Dizzy's Search for Dozy
Programmer of Dizzy's Return To Bago Bago Island.

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:39 pm

Thanks Steve. I did think about that box but I’d used it near where I found it and didn’t seem able to pick it up again. Off to give it a go now.

stevejohnstone3
Free Range Egg

Post by stevejohnstone3 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:50 pm

Hi Sparkles

Remember if you can not pick the box up say you put it in a position you cant get it again, one tip is too sort of jump to the box and when you just touch it press return and it will go in to your inventory, you will have to mess about with this tip until it works.

There could be a secret bit in one of the caves when you enter the cave, that might have extra box's, but I will leave that for you to explore the island and find it, Look to the round light and dont lose your head and make a jump, I think that is the sort of tip Granddad would give Ha Ha Ha.

That's all I will give you right now.

Edit:

One last tip a box will get you to places you can not go to just by jumping, so use your box Ha Ha Ha... :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

Steve

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: Dizzy's Return to Bago Bago Island (HELP THREAD)

Post by Grandad » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:40 am

Steve ...
Highlight the words you want to hide then press the teardrop icon to open the font colour chart and click on the bottom right colour square #FFFFFF .

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:16 pm

I'm back :laugh:
Ithink I've done quite well since my last post but I'm stuck now.
Items I have are:- full lava bucket, Beealzeebob's zx Spectrum, scuba gear, flippers, sharpened knife, crossbow, arrow, red spider anti toxin, acme pop up balloon (used), acme pop up boulder, snake in red bag, various coloured boxes.

I've found Grandizzy and given one mask to the shop keeper but can't reach the second. I've found the trees but can't climb them even with boxes.Found a potion on a cloud but can't get to it. Used the slow time potion and I have 43 coins and can see others that I can't reach. Any useful ideas??

stevejohnstone3
Free Range Egg

Post by stevejohnstone3 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:01 pm

Hi Sparkles

It is always good hearing from you :dizzy_smile: .

Look below I have written a sort of walk thru for parts in a white font this time :dizzy_smile: .

Thanks Steve for telling me how to do it, I just could not remember :v2_dizzy_cheers: .

{

You can use the Acme pop up boulder at the top of cave 1 but you need the Acme pop up ladder from the shop, then you can get a mask.

You will also have to get peg leg in the ship his bottle of grog go to the shop use a box or jump on the roof and keep going to your right, grab the grog from the cloud you will see it when you walk past cave 3 above your head, once got the grog give to peg leg he will give you a ghost busters potion that you can use in cave 2, to get the mask you will have to use the spider anti toxin in cave 3 use boxes and jump up to one of the ledges, keep going left until you come to a platform and a torch beside it, jump left but use a box under you to give you more jump power, you will land on a platform that has numerous spiders, keep going left until the top and use the spider anti venom, you will get an axe that you can use in cave 2 to cut through the planks that the ghost was on fall down and you will fall to a platform and grab the mask.

The other Mask is in cave 3 at the top, again you will need to use boxes to climb up to the top and there is a mask at the extreme left.

That's you got 3 masks and can get something special that you can use when you give them all to the shopkeeper, well I will let you figure that one out your self.

You need an Acme pop up tree to plant where the chopped tree is to get past that area, again I will leave it up to you to find this item He He He.

The rest of the items you can use later on in the game when you get the tree planted and go across the Island...

}

I hope you are enjoying the game, there is a lot more to do, so it will keep you playing well past Christmas :v2_dizzy_biggrin: .

Steve

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:57 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply Steve. I'm really enjoying the game especially when I managed to do so well at one point. You say caves 2 and 3. Is cave 3 the one with the deadly red doors and cave 2 the one with the bats and cave 1 the one with the backwards Tarantulas? I can't find the ledge you spoke about and wonder if I've tried the wrong cave. Sorry to be a pain.

stevejohnstone3
Free Range Egg

Post by stevejohnstone3 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:15 pm

Hi Sparkles

Look below writing is in white

{

Cave 1 is the first cave from the ship it has the tarantulas.

Cave 2 is the second cave from the ship it has the flying Bat.

Cave 3 is the third cave from the ship it has the deadly red moving doors.

Go to cave 3 go the the table you fixed the knife on, position a box from second step to the left of the table and jump to the ledge on your left, then go to extreme left of edge place a box there then jump to the right to the next ledge, keep jumping right for 2 more ledges, then jump left for 4 more ledges, when you come to the last ledge jump off to your left stand at extreme edge of the ledge and use a box, you can make it without a box, you will fall to a secret ledge and tunnels keep going past the Spiders and use the Anti Toxin to get the axe.

I hope this helps.

}

Ask away any time Sparkles and if I am online I will always help you, I am happy your enjoying the game, as you said it is an early Christmas present for you :dizzy_smile: .

Steve

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:56 am

Thank you, got the axe and used it. Got Beealzeebob's keys now and 46 coins.

I'm guessing that the next thing is to get all the coins and give them to the capatain. I can see two on the roof of the acme shop. One up on a branch of the unclimbable tree and one on top of a tree near the ship. I've tried all sorts but just can't get to these coins. Am I right about the next move and please could you help me get the coins!??