Fishy Business (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
boo
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: Fishy Business (HELP THREAD)

Post by boo » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:11 pm

Grandad, I think I found a glitch?

I was in the underwater tunnel system with the trapdoors that change (very clever and mean by the way!) I came out of one of them and without me pressing anything, it jumped me back in. Except...it put me on a black screen, I went one screen to the left and it gave me a scene where everyone was up in the treehouse enjoying Dora's feast. I then went back to the right to the black screen, I kept going a few screens to the right (all black screens) and it dropped me into the brick rooms with the sliding/rotating doors.
I fully intend to...OOOH! Shiny things! :v2_dizzy_eek:

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:32 am

Hmm, sorry Boo but I can't get that error to happen. The only 'tunnel' entrance that goes anywhere near the 'black room' to the right of the 'ending scene' is the one coming back from the 'top middle' of the tunnel system - ie the red brick house with Richard whatsisname from The Crystal Maze and the IT crowd. I've checked them all and they all work fine for me. So I've no idea what's happening in your game.

Armorog - the dark brown key is easy - enter the 'water maze', take the first right, go past the first 'tunnel with the grill' and drop down the second tunnel all the way down and you're in the little cavern with the dark brown key.
Screwdriver (the old man reference is to me not stocking the tool shop with a screwdriver). It's hidden in the tree to the right of the yogi.
hint: Jump to the top of the left hand tree and jump right onto his head.
You need a net to catch the fish, but that's in the house you need the skeleton key to enter.
The dragon's egg is in the second of two consecutive secret rooms in the pyramid/temple.
hint: push the block to the right of the button that opens the trap door and press the button to open one of the side blocks in the right hand wall and move the block by the totem
Once you've got past the dragon you can find a diamond you can sell for 'loadsa money'.

boo
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by boo » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:42 pm

Yeah I think it was a one off thing...no idea how it happened.

That instrument puzzle! I have called you every name under the sun! LOL! :hitwall: :hitwall: :v2_dizzy_yahoo: :v2_dizzy_yahoo: I finally figured it out to get just 2 fish! I need a dollar! The guy in the angling place won't let me go past without it!

I have been everywhere unless I missed a secret area...I have 49 fish. I'd be really grateful if some kind soul would help me out.

EDIT: I found a coin! I stupidly forgot to check the red door on Lvl 1 in the waterworks.
Last edited by boo on Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boo
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by boo » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:18 pm

Finished it! :v2_dizzy_yahoo: :v2_dizzy_yahoo: :v2_dizzy_yahoo: Another great game Grandad!

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SnTrooper » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:08 pm

boo wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:11 pm
Grandad, I think I found a glitch?

I was in the underwater tunnel system with the trapdoors that change (very clever and mean by the way!) I came out of one of them and without me pressing anything, it jumped me back in. Except...it put me on a black screen, I went one screen to the left and it gave me a scene where everyone was up in the treehouse enjoying Dora's feast. I then went back to the right to the black screen, I kept going a few screens to the right (all black screens) and it dropped me into the brick rooms with the sliding/rotating doors.
That happened to me once too. But I couldn't get it to repeat.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:09 am

How odd, I even took the map apart to see if I had missed a tiny black collider as sometimes I remap part of a game when I think a particular section is rubbish ...or not hard enough to mess with people's heads :v2_dizzy_clapping:

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by The Armorog » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:53 pm

Grandad, thanks for the instructions about how to get the brown key. I've now got all 12 water teleports
open. I don't recall coming across a yogi. Can you tell me which area of the game he can be found in?
I have a mars bar and a fuse.
Other things I'm stuck with include:
-what to give the monkey
-the buttons that play music outside the houses - I get that the song titles feature different colours...
-that whole tunnel sequence with green arrows doesn't seem to get me anywhere
-that man in the house who looks like Richard Ayoade won't let me have any toilet paper
-more totem pole pieces to reach the key
-trap doors through the underwater tunnels don't let me access some coins/entrances to new areas
-a pile of rocks blocking access to one fish

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:43 am

There are three 'exits' in the water maze at the far right; top - to back of Richard's house, middle - to yogi, bottom - to anglers' paradise.

Monkey like banana, but ...won't tell you of the secret room to their right :v2_dizzy_cool:

The house music buttons match the colour of the songs activated by the coloured levers in the spinning maze - so press the lower buttons in the order of the code above the doors.

Richard leaves his 'red brick' house (with the grey door) when you hear him setting the safe combination.

That water maze is a bit of a 'person with no married parents', but all areas can be reached. It's not too difficult to map, just remember that the grills open in the direction you are travelling.

What tunnel sequence with green arrows???

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by The Armorog » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:13 pm

Grandad - thanks for the help finding the screwdriver. I would never in a million years have found that by myself.
Using the screwdriver on the grilles only seems to allow me to bypass the lifts. Is that all?
I noticed, on the screen with the monkey, that if I get to the top of the tree on the right, I can 'step inside' the trunk,
but can't walk through to another screen, if that's what you're suggesting?
By the tunnel area with the arrows, I meant the portal opened by the dark green key. It's deeply confusing, with
some buttons that play music, and levers and so on. I can't make head nor tail of it.
I also don't really understand how any of those metal doors open in the underwater tunnel section.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:31 am

Armorog, you should know by now that I'm the master of the obscure clue; I rarely put clouds in my games purely for decoration - and if you're very observant (or extremely sad) you will notice the direct line from the yogi's head to the two clouds and the tree branch :v2_dizzy_cry:

and yes, the screwdriver is purely to save you going through the hassle of using the lift buttons to move one floor at a time, so it's not an essential item, nor is the clue in the left hand corner of the painting in the entrance hall of the art gallery, which just gives you a way of solving the Joanna Lumley picture (once you go and get Daisy's magnifying glass).

In the monkey (or ape if you're feeling pernickety) area, it's the top branch of the tree just to the right of him/her. Just pressing action will move Dizzy to the hole in the trunk, then move him to the secret room.

Ah, the spinning maze. You won't believe how much fun I had creating that. Think of it as a circular series of rooms on a central axis that leads to another set of rooms on the same central axis and the two 'entry' buttons move the next inner circle of rooms one room at a time in a clockwise direction. That way the open doors lead to a different room in the next circle every time the entry button is pressed. Aren't I a total poo! :hitwall:

All the coloured buttons in that area are linked to the coloured buttons in the huts and won't work until the same coloured lever is pulled down to activate them ...and of course pushing the lever back up turns them off again :v2_dizzy_clapping:

The late, great, Marty Feldman once said that anything unusual is acceptable as long as the logic behind it is consistent. So think of the metal doors in the underwater tunnel section as being controlled by a system of invisible beams that activate the door that Dizzy is swimming towards :cool: