Glitches and Freezing

Save your girlfriend in her cloud castle prison...
T713R
Your Backpack is Empty

Glitches and Freezing

Post by T713R » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:59 pm

I tried playing the free rom that is available for download for this game through my everdrive and kept getting graphical flickering and freezing at random spots. I thought that maybe the physical NES cartridge would work and found a factory sealed one from the Kickstarter campaign on ebay for $80. I am having the same issues. The game is unplayable to me no matter what route I go down. I am using Retro-bit clone consoles. Does it only work on original hardware or PAL hardware or something? I know Codemasters used to use some sort of security lockout bypass in their original NES games. Would any of that stuff cause this issue? I see there are play through videos on Youtube. What version of the game and what means are they using to get this game to work?

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Re: Glitches and Freezing

Post by Adz.M » Fri May 01, 2020 12:29 pm

Hi.

I don't own the cartridge, the everdrive or any of the clone consoles, so I can't really help on that part.

However, when looking at the ROM myself on a PC emulator, it appears the game only glitches up when the Game Region is set to PAL, but works fine on NTSC.

Try toggling the Game Region settings when you start the game up, if it doesn't work on one setting, try the other.

Hope this helps.