Custom Code Site

Need help with using DizzyAGE then look here
Lex_Hedley
Hard Boiled Egg

Custom Code Site

Post by Lex_Hedley » Fri May 08, 2020 3:41 pm

Hi All,

Recently I replied to a thread from @xelanoimis - DizzyAGE New Features Board (viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3397) about putting some DizzyAGE code up on http://github.com/

I'd like to get the thoughts of the community about producing a supplementary site that we could write articles on custom code much like - Dizzy Stories:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120530060 ... custom.php
  • Dragon
  • Floating Text
  • Climbing
  • Jetpack Item
Some people will remember the awesome site from @Delta.

There was also the make your own game tutorial: The idea would be to have a single place you could go to and find how to add certain functionality to your games.

There are a lot of questions and great answers here in the forums and it would be fab to put them all in one place, just for code.

The idea here isn't to replace the forum in any way, as this would always be the first place to come to, to ask questions, but since there is a lot of content it might quickly be lost in various threads. Here we could identify any great ideas and then schedule it in for a full write up.

If we had a dedicated sub-site that could be easily updated and anyone could contribute towards we could build a vast knowledge for helping add these features to our games.

Thoughts?
Alex

---

Existing Material

How To Tech Demos Videos

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: Custom Code Site

Post by Grandad » Sat May 09, 2020 9:09 am

Having a special area to download or print the coding of special features is a nice idea Lex, but, unfortunately, if it was open to people posting rather then sending it to an 'administrator', it would probably end up like the current DizzyAge Help thread, which over the years has had people 'tidying up' what seemed fine at the time ..or finding bugs that need to be taken into account.

Lex_Hedley
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lex_Hedley » Sun May 10, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi Grandad,

There would be moderation, people can offer contributions but it doesn’t mean they will be accepted,

This does mean some work by myself and other members of the community, if they wish to help.

Kalle Neumann
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Kalle Neumann » Mon May 18, 2020 7:19 am

Hello everybody,

as a layperson, I would of course welcome the idea.
Unfortunately, I can't contribute anything to the script.
So I will continue to annoy Grandad. :dizzy_wink:

Best regards
Kalle

Lex_Hedley
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lex_Hedley » Wed May 20, 2020 11:06 am

Hi Kalle,

Pleasure to meet you,

Someone needs to annoy him :dizzy_wink:

I'm sure over time once you've made a few more games you could contribute in some way,

Doesn't have to be difficult stuff, would be good to start with the basics and just build it up.

Ale