"It's a nightmare!", thought Dizzy.
His arch enemy the Evil Wizard Zaks had done it again!
He kidnapped Dizzy's friends whilst they were having a picnic in the woods and cast them into several strange and dangerous new worlds.
Dizzy and Denzil (Daisy on the Sega version) must defeat the wizard's weird mazes to rescue their poor friends.
Each friend has been trapped in a world of make-believe with many magical monsters.
- Dylan was transported to a mysterious undersea world, deep on the ocean floor. He has only a few hours oxygen, so he must be rescued first.
- Poor old Dora is lost in a dark and gloomy forest where every route she takes leads to another tree.
- Grand Dizzy has been sent to an ancient and perilous Egyptian city.
- Dozy suddenly found himself in a lonely mountain wilderness.
- And Daisy (Denzil on the Sega version) has been imprisoned in the tallest tower of the evil wizard's castle!
Only you can help Dizzy reunite the Yolkfolk...
Go! Dizzy Go! was originally going to be released on the NES for the Aladdin Deck Enhancer, but due to its unexpected failure, the title was then going to be released as a stand alone title for the Sega Master System and Sega Game Gear.
However, Codemasters was uncomfortable releasing it separately at full price so was included as part of The Excellent Dizzy Collection.
Quattro Arcade, released for the NES in 1992, featured Go! Dizzy Go!
The game involves an arcade style puzzle game where the player must navigate the player through a series of mazes similar to the "Adventures of Lolo" series and slightly similar to previous Dizzy game, Kwik Snax.
The Sega Mega Drive version of The Excellent Dizzy Collection which included this game was unfinished and never got released.