Updated to v1.5 - 25th July 2019
The Yolkfolk have a party in Keldor Forest.
Unknown to them, the evil Wizard Zaks is watching them from his Cloud Castle.
To get Dizzy's attention, he fires a spell somewhere down into the mountains.
The explosion in the mountains gets Dizzy's attention, he goes off to find Theodore....
This is the first Magic Maniax game that introduces a new platform engine created by David Newton.
The engine solves the issue where you stick to walls and ceilings, it also gives Dizzy the ability to double jump and bounce on mushrooms properly.
- MAIN MENU/OPTIONS CONTROLS
ARROW KEYS UP, DOWN, LEFT and RIGHT
ENTER - Confirm Option
- INGAME CONTROLS
LEFT and RIGHT Arrows - Walk
RIGHT CTRL - Jump
- ADDITIONAL CONTROLS (Underwater stages only)
ARROW KEYS LEFT, RIGHT, UP AND DOWN - Swim
The ingame controls can be changed by pressing F5 anytime during the game.
ENTER - Pause/Unpause game
ESCAPE - Quits to Main Menu during gameplay.
F2 - Resets game
F5 - Redefine Keys
This game uses a brand new password system which can only be acessed via the game's Main Menu option.
You will find passwords for each zone after every boss fight.
The first level of the game acts as a tutorial, read the scrolls found in the game to get to grips with how the game works.
- Before you run this game, make sure you don't have any other Programs running in the background.
One of the open Programs could appear blocking the game from view.
- There are problems where the scrolling appears wavey/wobbily in the game, the issue is heavily visable on a few levels.
- Even though David Newton's Platform Engine sucessfully fixes the issues with sticking to walls and ceilings.
I cannot seem to find any way of getting Dizzy to stay on vertical lifts, walking diagonally and climb up and down on ladders.
- You may find yourself having to jump over boulders as Dizzy cannot simply cannot walk over them.
Again, It's a major problem with David Newton's Platform Engine.
- Dizzy can bounce off walls in the underwater levels. (Those levels do not use the Platform engine)
If you are able to help me with the mentioned bugs, please let me know by contacting me via The Dizzy Fansite/The Dizzy Community.
You will have your name mentioned in the game's Credits.
(There could be more bugs in the game that I haven't mentioned here.)